Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Quote of the Day

Time travellers with high-tech equipment? That's probably the most mood-destroying 'creature' ever published for M&M (or any other RPG for that matter)! My players would simply lynch me if I used this sort of thing in my campaign. If you want to mix swords and rayguns just play Encounter Critical. Please leave such sci-fi nonsense out of our beloved Bronze Age!

-Fan feedback sent to Griffin Magazine after the release of Hekatoteratos, the Mazes & Minotaurs monster book, collected with many other comments in the PDF reprints of 1st edition M&M materials.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I felt the same way about the Blacow-Slymax Kobolds. 18/00 Str, magic , cursed weapons, etc.
    Those guys did't get that you don't fight kobolds,
    you fight their traps. When i see overly intricate monsters that still miss the point, I see the point of the b-s Kobolds.

    Some people's jobs are to serve as a warning to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would use a Blacow-Slymax Kobold, but only once. You never want your players to be absolutely sure they know what they are up against, after all.

    ReplyDelete