Friday, December 01, 2006

Quick WoAdWriMo Update

I'm working on a dedicated blog for World Adventure Writing Month. That will be a low impact affair, maybe once a week I'll drop off my thoughts on the upcoming writing frenzy. The first post ought to be up as soon as I figure out exactly what I want to say. EDIT: The first post is now up!

But more importantly that nifty guy Martin Rayla of Treasure Tables has agreed to host both a subforum and any downloads that result from the project. The aforementioned blog will be where I occasionally pontificate about the project, but TT will be the Official-type Home of WoAdWriMo.

Also, we have a third person in on the WoAdWriMo Challenge. Dave Hoover is now all-in with WoAdWriMo. Yay! Dave is a wicked cool guy and sort of a local GMing legend. He once ran a game in every single 4-hour slot at our local 3-day convention. Several people thought this was going to quite literally kill him. But he survived. He could barely speak a coherent sentence at the end of the weekend, but he survived.

4 comments:

  1. Okay Jeff...

    I sort of know how NaNoMo works. Write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Are we doing something like that where we wait until June, then write like fools, or is June the deadline for the adventures and we can start now (for example)?

    Also, 32 pages is a good goal. At 500 words per page this works out to 16,000 words. Some will have more while some will have less, though those that have less will have some awfully sparse looking pages.

    As for pre-generated characters, I would leave that up to the individual authors. I know many of the 1e TSR modules for AD&D included at least stat bars for some pre-gen characters, but most of the newer adventures do not.

    Just some thoughts for now. I'll chime in with more when it comes to me.

    peace... Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got nothing but love for anyone who wants to start right now. The point of the project is to encourage people to use their talents and help the gaming community. June 1st is where the finish line is in sight. June 1st is the start of crunch time. Anybody who wants to get cracking before then is super extra awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I came up with a graphic for the whole deal. It's small (and can be smaller) and it's simple. It's over at my blog if ya want it.

    peace... Dave

    ReplyDelete