Thursday, April 20, 2006

Palladium Books hits hard times

OgreCave and RPG Blog are both reporting that, for a variety of reasons, Palladium Books is in real financial trouble. It would be an understatement to say that I have mixed feelings about Palladium, and about attempting to save gaming companies on the skids. I was about to type a fairly standard anti-Palladium rant followed by a rant about the industry serving the hobby not vice versa. But then I realized that I'd leap to the assistance of my favorite game company even if its own stupidity had put it in the soup. So instead of ranting, I'll just pass along this news and let anyone who reads it come to their own conclusions. If you have any interest in helping this longtime fixture of the industry, maybe you'd like to go directly to Palladium's online catalog and buy something. There's been a call for their hardcore fans to consider buying the new, limited-edition "A Megaverse United" print.

1 comment: