Saturday, July 24, 2004

Last night's Heroes Unlimited game was a lot of fun, even though my puny supervillains (Alpha Wolf and the Ani-Men) got mercilessly beat down.  At least Frog-Man got away.  We introduced Paul's character, which he ended up calling Radar-Man since he couldn't come up with a better name on the spot.  I gave Paul a plot hook that we will explore next issue: his PC's brother was mudered after becoming onvolved with the Maggia.  It looks like maybe Don & Sue's son Michael will start playing in our game.  That would bring our little super-team up to five members.

The gang talked a little bit about other games.  Don has seen the Castles & Crusades playtest doc and is not impressed.  According to him the old school contigent has seized control of the project and has drained all the d20 compatability out of the game.  If the published game turns out that way I will be sad.  I was hoping I could use C&C to run standard D&D 3E modules with minimal fuss, especially retro stuff like is coming out from Goodman Games.  John mentioned that he was interested in putting together a group to run Mutants & Masterminds.  I've never given M&M a serious look, but I've heard lotsa good things about it on RPG.net.  Sue suggested that she might be able to run a session of her D&D 3E campaign in the second half of August.  That would be cool.  I'd love to play my kung-fu druid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment